Top issue facing humanity is water. This household staple that comes out of our faucets in many homes is a crucial issue around the globe. At its core, water is a critical development for energy and food production. Water is also critical for our human survival and to maintain healthy ecosystems.
- http://www.un.org/en/sections/issues-depth/water/index.html lots of good stats
Some of the main point about water I found on UN.org site. I read that 2.1 billion people lack access to safely managed drinking water services. More points they made are below:
- 4.5 billion people lack safely managed sanitation services. (WHO/UNICEF 2017)
- 340,000 children under five die every year from diarrhoeal diseases. (WHO/UNICEF 2015)
- Water scarcity already affects four out of every 10 people. (WHO)
- 90% of all natural disasters are water-related. (UNISDR)